B1 visa during L1B cool off period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa during L1B cool off period

Hello, I held a L1B visa through which I worked in the US from Sep 2008 until Dec 2011 and then again, post extension from April 2012 to May 2013. My petition has since expired and I'm going through my 1 year cool off period now before I can reapply with a fresh application, sometime in May 2014. Now, I am being asked to attend a business meeting in the US for a period of 3 weeks, in the month of February-March 2014 with a fresh B1 visa.

My question is, will this 3 week travel with a B1 visa, in any way, impact my cool off period? A couple of resources on the internet mention that a short business travel will not have an impact but the information is scarce. I have completed 8 months on the clock and with just 4 more months to go, I wouldnt want to risk the clock being reset to 12 months again.

Any input here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Originally posted by zepp View Post
    Hello, I held a L1B visa through which I worked in the US from Sep 2008 until Dec 2011 and then again, post extension from April 2012 to May 2013. My petition has since expired and I'm going through my 1 year cool off period now before I can reapply with a fresh application, sometime in May 2014. Now, I am being asked to attend a business meeting in the US for a period of 3 weeks, in the month of February-March 2014 with a fresh B1 visa.

My question is, will this 3 week travel with a B1 visa, in any way, impact my cool off period? A couple of resources on the internet mention that a short business travel will not have an impact but the information is scarce. I have completed 8 months on the clock and with just 4 more months to go, I wouldnt want to risk the clock being reset to 12 months again.

Any input here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
    I would say avoid. Though USCIS does say that "short trips" are fine but doesn't mention how short the short trip can be.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      I would say avoid. Though USCIS does say that "short trips" are fine but doesn't mention how short the short trip can be.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you. I think I will play it safe and avoid this trip.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X