Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port of Entry different

Hi,
    As per my port of entry letter issued by my firm, i will be going to New Jersey. But i do not have proper flights to New Jersey for the timings i want if not the prices are too high. Rather i have convenient flights to New York and at cheap rates. So will it be a problem if i land at New York? I thought of taking a cab from New York to New Jersey. Will the Immigration officer find this to be a serious issue or will i get through easily? Kindly suggest.

this is a minor issue .nobody will care.

Comment

Oh ok. Thanks.

I also have one more query. The date mentioned in my Port of Entry letter would be June 23rd. But i am planning to go a month ahead to do little sight seeing. So will it be fine if my date of arrival does not match to my Port of entry date?

Comment

what is the kind of visa do you have?
        Have you traveled on it before?
        Is there an annotation on the visa?
        what is the duration of your actual work this time?

Comment

Mine is a B1/B2 visa. I have never traveled to U.S. before. I do not see any annotation on the visa. It only mentions the visa validity and type. My duration of the work is one month.

Comment

At the airport they ask you the purpose and duration. They are especially sensitive to people coming on business visits mentioning long duration of stay.
            Say a man said he is here on company business for 80 days. They interrogated him for that in a room and gave him only 30 days, as 80 days totally did not go well with his purpose.
            There is nothing wrong with one month of sightseeing but your business
            stay of one month should be well defined and documented.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X