Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) given after B1 visa interview

Hi!

Myself Sankha and I am pursuing my masters in a Canadian university for 3 years. One of my paper got accepted in a very reputed conference in US for which I went for a visa interview today. After asking few questions and seeing my CV the VO said that you are under some checks which means your visa is not rejected nor it got approved. You would hear back from us withing 3-4 weeks. Then they handed me a white paper where it is mentioned that my visa got denied under section 221(g). My conference is on may 19th and it is absolutely important for me to present my paper as I am the first author.They didn't even kept my passport. The VO gave it back to me. Can anyone please help me or could provide me any suggestions what I should do now? Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thank you

there is nothing you can do. Just wait.

221g timeline can even go to several months irrespective of your date of travel.

Comment

thank you for the information. But I am seeing in certain cases they kept the passport. Is there any significance of that. Like in my case they didn't kept it and I don't know why. Is there any greater chances of getting a visa when they keep the passport with them? And the VO said it will take 3-4 weeks. Does they get back in that time frame or could it take more time?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X