B1 Visa Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa Help

I will be grateful to you if anybody give my suggestion to overcome my situation

I am govt official working as scientist (Botany) for 8 years. I am a member of USA scientist association related to my working area. I agree to participate annual meeting and expo organizes by this USA association. I arrange leave from my office and Government order.
    1) But my main problem is that I agree to go here by self finance. Will they reject me if I agree to go with my own money?
    2) In my bank account I only get my salary. This is not enough to go USA. I have different source of income. If I gradually send $5000 within 15 days will it harmful for me?
    3) I also earn money by online freelancing and it is about $800 per month. Will it helpful to show this earning or will it mess up my working area?
    4) If I not add money to my bank account is there any possibilities to get B1 visa with only my salary. I have no saving in my bank account. I spend all money what I get as salary?
    5) Will I get any benefit for government order?

you will have to do something about funding as with your current salary ( as you say is not enough) and no savings, they will deny you.

They will just look at your income on the form you will fill and deny you.
    YOu arrange for govt funding, that will be good.

Comment

Thank you for answering my questions and guide me. I will not get Gov funding. If I deposit $5000 in my bank account gradually within 15 days will it help me? If I show my salary and extra income (freelancing earning) togather as my earning will it increase my possibilities to get visa?
      What will be my best option if I cannot arrange govt funding?
      I am eagerly waiting for your response
      Thank you peace999 for valuable info

Comment

you should have thought of this before planning your trip. It may not work out like that.

It is up to you , if you wish to take a chance , go ahead.

Comment

Do you have any FD? You can show that and say you opened up the FD to pay for your trip? Where exactly did you keep your other income? The other thing you can do is book accommodation preferably through a site like expedia.com and pay for it fully in advance (Don't worry, in case you don't get the visa, you will get a full refund) - I am guessing that since you are going for an expo you really do need a hotel accommodation? If you can show that your stay, car rental-if required, etc have already been paid for, there are more chances. Create a detailed itinerary e.g

Day 1: Arrive at LAX 9am - Shuttle to San Diego (Shuttle Company Confirmation Number), Arrive at Hotel Balaji at 2pm - Check in (Hotel Confirmation Number)
          Day 2: Conference Day (What all happens that day etc)

Also contact a travel agent few days before your visa interview and tell him to put a airline reservation on hold - You don't have to pay for 48 hours or so. In case the visa officer asks you why you have booked everything without getting a visa, tell him honestly that everything is refundable but you had to book everything earlier since you did not want to lose the tickets or the hotel room as its going to be very busy.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X