Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Urgent Help on applying B1 Visa

Hello Folks,

I need a suggestion from you. I have H-1B visa which is approved till Nov 2015 but not stamped through my previous employer. Now I came back to India for good and joined a US company. Now that US company wants me to come to US for 4-6 weeks for internal training and Project discussion and to meet other team members. Now not sure should they just transfer my H-1B visa on their name and ask me to come to USA or should I ask them to apply for B1 visa instead as I'll not be there for more than 6 weeks and I'll go there in USA for twice a year max. I dont think I should be using H1B visa for that because I still will be on Indian payroll. Just to let you know I was USA for 7 years from 2006 to 2013. First I was on F1 visa and then H1B visa. Recently I decided to come back to india.

Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,
    Amit
    Last edited by amitsonu38; 04-29-2014, 04:23 AM.

You should go for B1

hi amit,

Though you can and are still legally allowed to transfer your H1 to any other company, In the case described below you will have to apply for B1 visa. If you company agrees to transfer your H1 they will have to put you on payroll in USA even though you are working in India.
    If your company is wiling to do that ......thats the best !!!!!

but for short trips, B1 is the way to go .. you shouldnt have an issue since you already have had f1, h1 and still chosen to come back.

regards
    Sangeeta

Originally posted by amitsonu38 View Post
    Hello Folks,

I need a suggestion from you. I have H-1B visa which is approved till Nov 2015 but not stamped through my previous employer. Now I came back to India for good and joined a US company. Now that US company wants me to come to US for 4-6 weeks for internal training and Project discussion and to meet other team members. Now not sure should they just transfer my H-1B visa on their name and ask me to come to USA or should I ask them to apply for B1 visa instead as I'll not be there for more than 6 weeks and I'll go there in USA for twice a year max. I dont think I should be using H1B visa for that because I still will be on Indian payroll. Just to let you know I was USA for 7 years from 2006 to 2013. First I was on F1 visa and then H1B visa. Recently I decided to come back to india.

Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,
    Amit
    Last edited by sangeetaL; 05-10-2014, 06:38 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X