Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the minimum duration provided by the officer at Port of Entry for a B1 visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the minimum duration provided by the officer at Port of Entry for a B1 visa?

I'm applying for a B1 visa for 3 weeks to attend meetings in NY, MN, TX, FL & CA, each 3 days & remaining time to procure office space for our US Business. What if there is a change in schedule due to the travel between the states, what if procuring office space takes longer than expected?

for first time business visitors with a clear cut business purpose ( if you mention something that suggests u will be working, it can be a problem)
    they USUALLY give 3 months so you will have flexibility.

Comment

There is no work involved, just attending sales, investor, bank & real estate meetings. The last one is to procure physical office space for us to proceed with an L1. Will any of this be considered as work? Attending meetings is my only work, when I'm in India, I do it over the phone or video conference.

Comment

when you declare your purpose at the port of entry , just say you are here for business meetings. that is perfectly fine.

Comment

Roshan,

As Peace999 posted, "3 months" is fairly standard, but the POE officer can allow any period he thinks appropriate.

One of our clients (from Canada) received 30 days and a warning to to not overstay, and she subsequently converted her B2 to Green Card status.

Another of our clients, 93 years old, was going to be given 6 months, but her daughter intervened with the officer and a full year was granted.

Some mainland Chinese were routinely getting a full year upon entry with B2 visas a few years ago.

--Ray B

Originally posted by roshankuruvila View Post
          I'm applying for a B1 visa for 3 weeks to attend meetings in NY, MN, TX, FL & CA, each 3 days & remaining time to procure office space for our US Business. What if there is a change in schedule due to the travel between the states, what if procuring office space takes longer than expected?

Comment

Thank you peach & ray!

Can I still go with B1 or should I opt B2?

Comment

The nonimmigrant visa will be designated "B1/B2"
              The Port of Entry officer will decide, based on conversing with you, whether to annotate B1 or B2.

It probably makes little difference, except that a B1 visa indicative of business-related activity.

--Ray B

Originally posted by roshankuruvila View Post
              Thank you peach & ray!

Can I still go with B1 or should I opt B2?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X