Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are my B1 chances.Two differents visa prior to this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are my B1 chances.Two differents visa prior to this.

Hi,
    I am applying for B1 visa as my company wants me to travel for training for 2 weeks.

Here is my background.
    F1 Visa was once denied in 2004, but it was issued one month later on second try.
    Finished my masters and got a job in US and also got a petition for non-immigrant worker (I-129).
    Came back to India after a year and got a H1-B stamp also in 2007.
    Due to family situations, I did not go back to US (even though I got H1-B stamped) and got a good job here in a reputed company, so stayed back.
    After working for 6.5 years in the company, I have now moved to a new job last month. Now they want me to apply for B1 as I have to travel for training.
    My CTC is ~ 20lacs/a and I am married and all my family is in India.

Please advise on my chances of getting a B1 now based on my history. Will there be any other than normal questions I have to anticipate.
    Appreciate the replies.

Thanks.

By new job, do you mean you have changed the company ?

Rest all seems fine, but applying for a B1 just a month after joining a new company may be negative.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have changed the company, but I have a total of 7 years of experience. Does that matter or 1 month with the new company is still a negative thing?
      Is there some documentation or proof I can show that'll help?

Thanks

Comment

I think you have everything in your favour ; good income,good family ties, good overall experience, no prior visa violations.

That one month thing ; it all depends on the officer how he views it, there is so much officer discretion in B1/B2 decisions.

You reallly can't do much from your own end because they view as things are .
        Except that your duration mentioned should be reasonable for B1 purpose.

Comment

Thanks for the reply peace999.
          One more thing I wanted to ask was, is it advised to keep the invite with me until asked by the VO to be shown, or is it helpful if I show the letter even without being asked?

Comment

No, not at all. show a document only when they ask for one. and answer precisely what they ask.

they can get mad if you force information or documents on them

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X