Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reentry after two month (Peace Pls suggest)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reentry after two month (Peace Pls suggest)

Hi Peace

I have travelled USA in the month of May & stayed there for 22 days on business trip, I was allowed 6 months stay & got stamp on my Passport B1.

Now, I want to travel again in month of Aug or Sept, But this time for tourism purpose, I have b1/b2 10yrs (M) without annotation visa, Now my question is that Can i go after two months. if yes then how much time they would allow me this time?

Also, you think i can do some short term study course there?

Thanks in advance

It all depends on the officer . a short business trip like a week or two, you would not have any problems entering.
    But a long term tourism purpose I would give it more interval like 4-5 months.
    They will admit you when you enter in sept , in my opinion but it can be for a shorter stay.

Short recreational study is allowed for example a 2-3 week cooking or sewing class.

And that study should not lead to a degree , diploma or certificate.

For a proper course of study , change to M or F. Plan before going if you wish to do that as change of status takes
    3-4 months and it is desirable you apply early during your stay . So the response comes before the visitor stay expires.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, is change of status can be done within the USA if I go with regular study for 6 months max. Or would have to apply from native country?

Also, will they cancel my previous visa b1/b2?

Also, can I do some charity work? Working in old age house without pay? If yes then what is the procedure if you know.

Thanks

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      It all depends on the officer . a short business trip like a week or two, you would not have any problems entering.
      But a long term tourism purpose I would give it more interval like 4-5 months.
      They will admit you when you enter in sept , in my opinion but it can be for a shorter stay.

Short recreational study is allowed for example a 2-3 week cooking or sewing class.

And that study should not lead to a degree , diploma or certificate.

For a proper course of study , change to M or F. Plan before going if you wish to do that as change of status takes
      3-4 months and it is desirable you apply early during your stay . So the response comes before the visitor stay expires.

Comment

If you wish to apply for a student visa from home, there is no need to go to US as a visitor , just apply to the college, get paper work and apply for the visa.
        But getting a student visa is not easy,that is if you are not in a normal student age group. If they will deny student they can cancel the visitor as well.

changing status in US, is also not guaranteed but your visitor visa will be safe, if you plan well. That is apply for a change of status within the first month
        of your stay so you will get a response by the time your 6 month stay is over.

Unpaid volunteer work is allowed only in limited circumstances. And you have to be stamped B1 when you enter US.
        If you will enter US stating this purpose ,there is a risk of denial of entry as the officers may think you will work for pay.

Comment

Hi,

Can i tell POE officer that I am here for business & Pleasure both, Because last time i could not get time for sightseeing.

Do you think it is a good reason or i stick to one purpose?

thanks

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
          If you wish to apply for a student visa from home, there is no need to go to US as a visitor , just apply to the college, get paper work and apply for the visa.
          But getting a student visa is not easy,that is if you are not in a normal student age group. If they will deny student they can cancel the visitor as well.

changing status in US, is also not guaranteed but your visitor visa will be safe, if you plan well. That is apply for a change of status within the first month
          of your stay so you will get a response by the time your 6 month stay is over.

Unpaid volunteer work is allowed only in limited circumstances. And you have to be stamped B1 when you enter US.
          If you will enter US stating this purpose ,there is a risk of denial of entry as the officers may think you will work for pay.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X