B1 in lieu of H1B for B1/B2 holder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 in lieu of H1B for B1/B2 holder.

I'm a holder of B1/B2 visa. I've used it once for business purposes. And now I'm planning to visit US as a tourist.
    But before vacations my company sends me for a business trip. And now I have to apply for B1 in lieu of H1B visa. But I would like to keep my B2 visa too.

I do not know what to expect: will it be just modification of B1 and I keep my B2 by default?
    Or do I need to apply for both visas now, like B1 in lieu of H1B/B2?

Could you please share your experience?

Details: apply in Moscow.

B1 in lieu of H1b is given as an "annotation"( note ) on a regular B1/B2 visa.

If you already have a regular B1/B2, in my opinion , applying for a B1 in lieu of H1b is fraught with risk.
    B1 in lieu of H1b is a rarely used controversial provision contested by lawmakers in the US. And some consulates do not like to issue this.
    So,if your consulate is biased against this and if they do not find you eligible for B1 in lieu of H1b due to some reason
    they can cancel your existing B1/B2 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      B1 in lieu of H1b is given as an "annotation"( note ) on a regular B1/B2 visa.

If you already have a regular B1/B2, in my opinion , applying for a B1 in lieu of H1b is fraught with risk.
      B1 in lieu of H1b is a rarely used controversial provision contested by lawmakers in the US. And some consulates do not like to issue this.
      So,if your consulate is biased against this and if they do not find you eligible for B1 in lieu of H1b due to some reason
      they can cancel your existing B1/B2 as well.
      Peace999, thank you for information.
      But I had to apply for this visa because I fall into this category: short-term work in the USA with non-usa payroll.

Now I can share my experience:
      On the interview the officer said that I actually did not have to apply, but as I had already paid for visa, he decided to cancel current and give a new one. I asked him about annotation, he said "Ok".
      That's it, no special questions. I had an invitation, letter of guarantee and proof of employment with me.

But as a result I got only B1 with annotation, and B2 has been canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by kind View Post
        Peace999, thank you for information.
        But I had to apply for this visa because I fall into this category: short-term work in the USA with non-usa payroll.

Now I can share my experience:
        On the interview the officer said that I actually did not have to apply, but as I had already paid for visa, he decided to cancel current and give a new one. I asked him about annotation, he said "Ok".
        That's it, no special questions. I had an invitation, letter of guarantee and proof of employment with me.

But as a result I got only B1 with annotation, and B2 has been canceled.

Could you please give me your contacts or to connect with me somehow to discuss this issue? I have the same one and would like to ask you some questions regarding the interview with the officer.
        Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X