Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for B1 Interview @Hyderabad

Hi,

I heard a lot about this forum from my colleagues and recently i have read a lot of information here on Visa related stuff.

I got my 2 B1 visa rejections in the year 2010 in a month gap(both are 214(b) rejections). At that time my experience was 4-5 yr and salary was 40 K. Last two times i went to the B1 interview in Chennai consulate as am working in Bangalore based company.1 year before i moved to a product based company in Hyderabad.

Now am a senior member having 9+ yrs of experience and my company wants me to travel on B1 for around 14 weeks.Interview was scheduled on 18 July. Please suggest me what type of questions they might ask and where all i need to be very conscious?

Thanks,
    Ravi

14 weeks is very long. Now that you have written that duration on DS160, you will have to give them a very clear explanation why
    you need to go for so long. Such duration can be a reason for denial.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      14 weeks is very long. Now that you have written that duration on DS160, you will have to give them a very clear explanation why
      you need to go for so long. Such duration can be a reason for denial.
      Am working for a product based company and am working on a product which needs to be integrated with all the products of the Company so we have divided all products into 4 categories and am going to attend meetings with those product groups.We are going to generalize the protocols & the hardware & software details for all future and upcoming products and come up with a flexible product development architecture.

Do you think is it clear to understand?

Comment

It is upto the officer if he will be convinced.

Since you were denied twice before , it would have been wise for you to go for a short trip like 1-2 weeks.
        Such long durations are frequently the cause of denial because they suspect misuse of B1 and that people start working rather than business activity.

Comment

Ok thanks. But as per our company need I have to participate in the technical discussions of all products which needs to be integrated with our product. Can you suggest the best way to convey this??
          Last edited by ravis190784; 07-15-2014, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ravis190784 View Post
            Ok thanks. But as per our company need I have to participate in the technical discussions of all products which needs to be integrated with our product. Can you suggest the best way to convey this??
            14 weeks is a bit too long, Who will support you financially, and who will provide you accommodation?

Comment

My Company in india.

Comment

talk to your company to change the duration. You can submit a corrected DS 160.

Even if you get the visa, you will have problems at the US airport to enter for 14 weeks.
                Last edited by peace999; 07-16-2014, 04:23 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X