Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa rejected. Need advise

Hello,

I work in an Indian back office of a U.S based company which wanted to provide me 4 months training in U.S. They wrote a sponsor letter which clearly indicated that all the expenses will be paid by the company and upon completion of the 4 months training I will come back. For this short term training B1 visa was suitable. However, my B1 visa was rejected on ground 214 (b). And, the consular officer said that I should apply in H1B category, the category B1 was wrong. But section 214 b suggests that I failed to provide strong enough binding towards my country hence, it was rejected. Moreover, as I was not going to work H1B was not the option.

B1 visa is for short term training purpose so I am wondering what went wrong. The training was important for my professional aspect. Therefore, I need advise to higher my chances of getting B1 visa in future so that I can attend training/conference in U.S

If B1 is not really the option as per the consular officer what are the other categories that I should apply?

Actually it is a grey area . In recent years, Indian companies have been misusing the B1 visa by making the employees work
    on their B1s . The embassy officers so adopted a policy for denying B1 visas for anyone requesting long periods in months.
    They assume everyone going for 'training' will be working.

The way around it is initially go for a 1-2 week business visit and once you have a multiple entry visa, you can stay longer periods
    on subsequent visits. But requesting months of training at the port of entry can be problematic as well.
    So you have to handle this carefully.

The other way is for your company to handle this as a work assignment.
    They can send you on a 5-6 month L-1 ( if you qualify )and pay you for it.
    Last edited by peace999; 07-23-2014, 01:24 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X