Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• << Advice needed for b1/b2 visa >>

Hi all,

I am in singapore. 4 months before i went for H1B interview. Due to missing information they have provided me 221(g). After that my employer in US didn't provide me the infromation so i didnt went to US embassy again.

2 months before i changed the job. my current company wanted to apply for b1/b2 visa & wanted me to go a short trip to US. Currently i am filling DS160 & i selected "YES" in the "Visa Rejection Section". Can you pls advice me what is the best reason i can give for this ?

One more thing my current company having well reputation so employees who ever applied in singapore got the b1/b2 visa. But all are applying it in the first time for US visa.
    But my case is entirely different from them. So pls advice .. how can i proceed this section. Thanks !

Regards
    Kannan

just write " 221g" as the reason for denial. If they ask you more, tell them you did not follow up because the employer did not follow up with m ore info.

That is perfectly fine and will not have a negative bearing on your current B1/B2. they will focus more on your current position and salary with the company , purpose of visit
    and your work agenda while in US.

Comment

Thanks for your valuable reply !

Also pls advice me know what exactly i can answer for this question ? YES OR NO

---------------

Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?

---------------

Thanks !

Regards
      kannan

Comment

wow, you came back to your post after more than a month!!!!!!

Well, if no immigrant petition has been filed for you then answer no. If any has been filed, answer yes.

Has any been filed? Immigrant petition means petition for immigrant visa or green card. That does not include H1 , L1 or B1 . these are non-immigrant visas.

Comment

Thanks for your reply again !!

Last time my employer applied H1B only means "I129 Petition for a nonimmigrant worker". So I will have to answer "NO". Correct me if i am wrong. Thanks !

Regards
          Kannan

Comment

answer NO

Comment

thanks a lot for your valuable reply !

Regards
              Kannan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}