Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa Interview in 9 Days (Chennai)

Hi All,

I'm 25 years old single entrepreneur with business in India & USA. I'm applying for a B1 Visa for 4 days to fix an issue in our Checking Account.

Annual Income - 6 Lakhs
    Siblings - 1 Younger Sister
    Parents - Father (Central Government Employee retiring in 5 years), Mother (Housewife)
    Background - Well settled with few properties in & around Chennai owned by parents.
    Tax Returns - Up to date, till 2013 - 2014
    Sponsorship - Self
    Cash - Providing statements from my 3 personal savings accounts, with an average liquid cash balance of 3 Lakhs

What are my chances of getting approval? What sorts of questions can I expect? What kind of documents should I take?

OFC Appointment is on 6th August & Interview is on 11th August.

- - - Updated - - -

They will want to see the scale of your business here and there, its turnover etc.
    If it is really needed for you to go. Because being young and single, they will take you as a potential immigrant.

With only 6 lacs income and a purpose just to fix something with your account, I think you should really
    re think if you should appear. Chances of denial are very high and I would advise you to cancel.

Comment

Will providing the emails from Bank executives that my physical presence is required help the process? And its not just fixing something on account, the issue on our account is related to KYC Norms which happened due to strict USA PATRIOT ACT.

We sent few Chennai US Embassy notarized documents to resolve the issue through our NYC based attorney to the IRS & couldn't be done. I don't want to spend a hefty amount on this matter, but couldn't find an alternative.

What is the ideal annual income for an executive applying for B1 then? Its just matter of four days, I think USA Embassy & its staff should know that all aren't that desperate to immigrate to USA.

I don't think a refund is possible if I cancel the interview now, the $160 will be useless I guess. What are the possible negative outcomes even if its denied? Will it have any bad effect on me in future (no plans as of now)?

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      - - - Updated - - -

They will want to see the scale of your business here and there, its turnover etc.
      If it is really needed for you to go. Because being young and single, they will take you as a potential immigrant.

With only 6 lacs income and a purpose just to fix something with your account, I think you should really
      re think if you should appear. Chances of denial are very high and I would advise you to cancel.

Comment

Please post your interview details as it may answer many others doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ideal sol View Post
          Please post your interview details as it may answer many others doubts.
          Replied here http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...senior-members

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X