B1 visa rejected. period to re-apply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa rejected. period to re-apply?

Today I was rejected for B1 visa even though I got B1 a year ago. Visited USA 2 times: August to September and in December. Here in Tashkent Uzbekistan they give B1/B2 for 1 year. In december I opened a company in the USA, did not know that I may not do this with my visa. So in DS-160 I put tax id of my company. I said I will be visiting my partner organization in San Francisco and they had sent an email to Consular Section. I put 4 months in duration of stay in the USA hoping to have business meeting with partner and start running a business, still did not know that I cant do with b1 visa. They said I am the one for possible immigrant and denied a visa. I was planning to re-apply in 3 weeks. What do you think, will I have any chances?
    Before I got 3 j1 visas and 1 b1 and never was denied.

Try L1/ L2 rather than B1/B2.
    That visa allows you to do business activities in the USA

This is my opinion, not a legal advice!

Comment

But what to do if your business in homeland is not related to the one in the USA, different industry?
      Last edited by freshman1991; 08-11-2014, 03:16 PM.

Comment

What kind of business you have in your home country and in the USA?

Comment

I have a travel agency in my home country but i opened contractor to do repairing, roofing in the USA

Comment

in fact B1 visa allows you to open foreign branch in the USA and attend business meetings and recruit staff to work for your company.

But you should not involve any kind of work directly that generates income. I think your frequent visits and long stays became negative.
            Mentioning 4months in DS160 also a big negative!

Now, what is your real purpose of visit?
            Since you have already opened your office, got tax ID and your partners are there to take care of your business well, why don't you monitor your business from your home country for some time till the circumstances changes?

Because, they clearly told you that they believe that you are a potential immigrant and if you apply so early, no doubt they deny again.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ideal sol View Post
              in fact B1 visa allows you to open foreign branch in the USA and attend business meetings and recruit staff to work for your company.

But you should not involve any kind of work directly that generates income. I think your frequent visits and long stays became negative.
              Mentioning 4months in DS160 also a big negative!

Now, what is your real purpose of visit?
              Since you have already opened your office, got tax ID and your partners are there to take care of your business well, why don't you monitor your business from your home country for some time till the circumstances changes?

Because, they clearly told you that they believe that you are a potential immigrant and if you apply so early, no doubt they deny again.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.
              Thanks for the answer. Ok here I have some new circumstances. I applied for contractor licence in Louisiana. I put 10.000 usd to my company account as it was the min requirement for the licence. I did not get contractor`s licence as I had to return to home country and continue running my old business. So after I got denial I was trying to close the company in the USA get that 10.000 usd I left at USA bank account to my account in Uzbekistan. The Bank considered it as fraud since no transactions were made after opening an account. And now after 8 months someone ( they said they could not identify me as an owner over the phone) is trying to transfer 10.000 usd to overseas and through online. They considered fraud and blocked my account and the card linked to the account. They are saying me that the only was I can use this money is to come to bank branch in the USA and sign signature card. I do not know what to do because I need that money nowadays.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X