Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I go on my B1/1B2 (BEP) Visa as a tourist(personal) after quitting my job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I go on my B1/1B2 (BEP) Visa as a tourist(personal) after quitting my job?

I have B1/B2 Business Visa from my company that I got under the BEP( Business Executive Program) System. It has no annotation(just an M) and is valid for 10 years. I already made a Business visit to the US more than a year ago. Now I want to quit my job, take a break and go to the US as a tourist, and then come back enroll in a prestigious institution in India as a Full-Time student.
    1) Will my B1/B2 Business VISA still be valid even after quitting my job at the company through which I got that VISA? or Do I need to apply for a new B2 visa?
    2) Assuming that my B1/B2 VISA is still valid, Can I now go to the US as a tourist for a short period at my personal expense? What do I tell the officer at the POE? I'll just have hotel registration as proof and nothing else? Will that suffice?

Thanks

oh yes, you can use it.

Once you have a 10 year b1/b2 it becomes a general purpose visitor /business visa. It does not have to meet the original conditions at each travel.
    Also, it is combined B1/B2 which means you can use it either for B1 business or for B2 tourism. the officer at entry will ask you two things; purpose and duration.
    you tell him you are here for tourism for xxx weeks. if they ask about the stay etc. show them the hotel booking and must carry a return ticket for the duration you mention.

Comment

I have an expired cod visa can I get b1/be visa

I have an expired is c1d visa can I apply for b1/b2 visa and how

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X