Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 Visa rejected.

Hi Guys,
    Today My B1B2 Visa application got rejected from New Delhi under sectori 214(b). here is the below conversation

Me" Good morning
    Consular:: Good morning , can i see your passport?

Consular: what is the purpose of your trip ?
    Me: Business trip

Consular: Which company do you work for ?
    Me: Adobe System India Private Limited

Consular: What is your profile here?
    Me: Site reliability Engineer

Consular: What will be the duration ?
    Me: It's gonna be 4-5 days. Well there'll be some meeting and Training sessions ( Now here , It's 26th August today , In DS160 , I filled tentative dates were 25th August and Duration were 12 Days, But i got interviewed on 26th).

Consular: How long you have been working with Adobe ?
    Me: It's been 3 months

Consular: Where you worked with before adobe?
    Me: Nextag Software

Consular: How long ?
    Me: For 2 years

Consular: How much do you earn?
    Me: 62000-63000 ( Now here i filled in form is 62511)

Consular: Are you married ?
    Me: No

Consular: Have you ever traveled outside india ?
    Me : No

Consular:Sorry we can't grant you visa this time , here is the reason. Try next time

This was the conversation and she gave me a paper with 214(b) Act information.
    Was this rejection based on my uncertain travel dates or any other thing. Should i reapply with better preparation and should i book return tickets and mention it in DS160 form which can give them idea that i ll definitely be returning to india ?

Please suggest.

You applied just 3 months after joining a company. and your stay with the last company was not too long either.

You gave them first reg flags then they moved to ---> income----->marital status------> prior travel abroad------> these were negative----> denial.

If you had applied say 2 years after joining adobe, slighly better income like 80k, with everything else the same,you could have succeeded.

Comment

Thanks Peace999, And yes , i applied because requirement came and i really need to go and attend those training session. This is something regarding my project on boarding.
      So , what's your personal advice if i ask , that what should i do right now ? should i re apply with return tickets , and give consular a very confident and precise answers. would it help ?

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      You applied just 3 months after joining a company. and your stay with the last company was not too long either.

You gave them first reg flags then they moved to ---> income----->marital status------> prior travel abroad------> these were negative----> denial.

If you had applied say 2 years after joining adobe, slighly better income like 80k, with everything else the same,you could have succeeded.

Comment

return tickets are useless for the visa because they can easily be cancelled.

I think you should wait till 2015, go to 1-2 other countries in the mean time.

applying again now is pointless in my opinion. They will deny you again as it would be the
        same situation.

Comment

peace999 , would it be wise to give it another shot ? my company wants me to apply again .

Originally posted by dudhwalgirish View Post
          Thanks Peace999, And yes , i applied because requirement came and i really need to go and attend those training session. This is something regarding my project on boarding.
          So , what's your personal advice if i ask , that what should i do right now ? should i re apply with return tickets , and give consular a very confident and precise answers. would it help ?

Comment

If you want to try again, there is no restriction.

Tell your salary per annum not mothly. If you want to say per month tell it specifically "my monthly salary is.."

Well prepared for all the common questions and give brief and direct answers to VO.

Don't give doubtful answers.

Wear neat formal wear with tie. If you have suit then go for it.

70% of decision made with the info you filled in DS160 form, fill it properly and genuinely.

Most importantly remember what you have filled last time, the same info should be filled for constant answers like study, birth place etc.

Be confident and look genuine.

All the best.

Don't forget to share your experience.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X