Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got accepted to participate in an international hackathon

Hello,

I am going to apply for B-1 visa to participate in hackathon "competition for computer science students". I have applied for B-1, 1 month ago and got rejected.
    This time I have a formal invitation letter and a letter from the organization requesting the Visa for me addressed to consulate, this letter indicating the purpose and length of the trip as well as the organization's intent to bear the costs of the entire trip, including lodging, food, and travel.

What is my chance this time? Shall I re-apply?

Thanks!

Yes you can!

Hey,

Yes, you can apply for the visa again provided you provide more compelling credentials. Start the interview by saying your name and which institution you study and then tell him/her that you have been selected for this competition, mention how you came to win/know this competition.

If you are below 21 and financially Dependant on your parents, ask them to write a letter stating that it is with their permission and acknowledgement that you are participating in this. (Clear Indicator of home ties)

If your visa fees is being paid by the organization show them that proof, this is clear cut indicator that it is their necessity and not yours.

Moreover, be confident and say ur plans specifically. Get a trip itinerary.

Mostly they approve competition winners.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X