Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreign Business Partner to Citizenship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Business Partner to Citizenship?

Hello Everyone. I am currently in the process of establishing a business in America with my Chinese business partner. We have been doing business together here in China for quite some time now, and we have a new venture we would like to establish in America. I am an American citizen, and he is Chinese. I want to set up the business structure from the beginning in a way that could help him establish citizenship later on down the road if he wants to. I just don't know how to begin. For instance, should we set up a Partnership business structure? Truly that is how our business will operate. I also need to set it up in a way that he will be able to come to America on a Business visa for business meetings we will have with other companies. But as far as I know, business visa's cannot lead to citizenship, only a work visa can. So what, or how, should I do this that can help him with applying for citizenship, later on down the road? Thank you for your help.

EB1( employment based 1) category for immigration.

Eg. One has been running a business in china and then one opens a branch of that business in US. After running that
    US branch for one year he can file an immigrant petition for himself under EB1 ( transfer himself as an executive to US).
    This is just how large companies send their executives to US to run their branches either temporarily ( L1 visa) or permanently on a green card ( EB1).
    It works the same way for small businesses.

This is a very quick way to get a green card as this category is current for all countries. (There is no visa wait).
    But it requires meticulous planning and a top notch immigration attorney right at the start when you open a US branch.
    For the first year running of US business , he won't be allowed to do it on a B1 visa , so he can show you as a partner or an employee.
    The immigration attorney can tell you how to structure this right at the beginning.
    Last edited by peace999; 10-04-2014, 09:17 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X