Marital Status in DS 160 for B1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marital Status in DS 160 for B1

I am applying for a B1. My Passport has my pre-marital status and I am divorced now. Can fill my DS 160 with the status as -"SINGLE"?

I do not have a copy of the marriage certificate and want to avoid all the hassle of proving that I was married and got divorced later. Instead if I just specify that my Status as SINGLE, I am guessing the process will go much smoother. Also, I did not have a name change after marriage, hence want to mention my status as SINGLE.

Please let me know if this is ok.

Mention as Single

Dear Cutecrab, since all your evidence points to you being single, I guess it is best to mention single.

Originally posted by cutecrab View Post
    I am applying for a B1. My Passport has my pre-marital status and I am divorced now. Can fill my DS 160 with the status as -"SINGLE"?

I do not have a copy of the marriage certificate and want to avoid all the hassle of proving that I was married and got divorced later. Instead if I just specify that my Status as SINGLE, I am guessing the process will go much smoother. Also, I did not have a name change after marriage, hence want to mention my status as SINGLE.

Please let me know if this is ok.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X