Visa Rejected even after having F1 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Rejected even after having F1 Visa

I applied for a B1/B2 visa in July and it got rejected.

Me - Hello Officer. Hows everything
    She - All good.. How about me
    Me - Pretty Good
    She - where in USA
    Me - California
    She - Why
    Me - I have a business of Import Export and I have my supplier there . So have to meet them.
    She - what kind of Import Export
    Me - I import Almonds from there and sell it here
    She - Whats your turn over
    Me - its a new firm. So, I don't have turnover right now As I graduated from GWU last to last month and started my own business. I have to meet the supplier so that I can Import from there.
    She - what did you study
    Me - Completed my graduation in computer science.
    She - how many employees do you have.
    Me - I dont have employees right now as It's a very new firm
    She - Sorry can't Issue a visa

So my Que is when should I reapply. In jan 2015 would be a good option?
    my turn over would be almost 1 Crore INR and No of Employees would be 11.
    Also, I got a job offer there of 67k$ but didn't accept it as I had to come back and serve my family here. I have a valid OPT though till jul 2015. So,should I mention this to VO next time or not?

Any response would be appreciated . Thank You

Visa Rejected even after having F1 Visa

When you apply for a visa to usa, you need to provide a sufficient proof that you have every reason to return to your homeland. Having a spouse and children, your own property, good job is a guarantee in the eyes of an immigration officer that you will not disappear in the thin air as soon as you step on American ground. Since your business is brand new and it has not taken off yet, the officer sees it as a sign that you may not come back. You need to work on establishing a strong evidence before you can reapply. You didn't mention what count you are from but it is really good to take a few trips to other developed countries in Europe first, this way they will see that since you didn't become an illegal immigrant there you're most likely safe to travel to the states. Like you yourself answered your question, it's good to try again when your business is bringing more income and you have employees.

Comment

so should I reapply in Jan 2015? I will have a turnover of 1 Crore by then and no of Employees would be 11.

Can I tell the officer that I got a job offer in United States but didn't accept it and came back. So, I have no Intentions of working there.

Thank You

Comment

It's not a good idea to tell VO that you got some job offer. (Even if you rejected it earlier)

in fact providing unnecessary information, which not asked for... leads to raise more doubts in VO's mind and may shoot you un expected questions.

Be straight and brief when answering.

If it is Import & export company, first you focus on infrastructure development of your company.

Like.....

* Establishing your office
        * Recruiting staff
        * Building a good website
        * Registering with export promotion counsels
        * establishing LinkedIn, ******** pages and
        YouTube channel
        * Participating in some international trade
        shows/B2B meetings
        * Remember...if VO Google your company name,
        There should be good amount of results appear
        on your company name.

That way you can appear as a serious business person in VO's view. (above things will surely helpful to your business as well)

All the best.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X