No announcement yet.

green card assisstance please help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green card assisstance please help....

Hello everyone reading this

I am a 23 Y/O British citizen, who is currently interested in getting a green card for the purpose of joining the USMC, i got a few questions that i need help with, many thanks for any help provided.

1) The biggest issue i got is when i was younger 18-20/21 i got into a little run of minor criminal records is this going to be a issue, because from what i hear they are very stringent on criminal convictions, i am now a changed person after being in the British Army for a year (medical discharge due to ankle injury) i got a exemplary (best possible) record can i perhaps use this to my advantage?

2) do i need to visit the USA before hand to ask for a green card

3) i only got senior/high school education i got over 5 gcse c grades is this going to be sufficent?

4) if i state i wish to join the USMC can i perhaps use this to my advantage? (as i understand they are running short on them at the moment)

many thanks again

All the best

Nick

You must have a legal basis for immigrating to the U.S. That means a qualified relative must petition you, or an employer must petition you. There are no provisions for someone submitting an application for an immigrant visa in order to enlist in the U.S. military. Years ago, there was a program allowing Filipino citizens to apply for enlistment in the U.S. Navy in Manila, but that program was discontinued in the 1980's or thereabouts, and that was the single exception that I am aware.

There has been some media reporting of the U.S. military relaxing its requirement that enlistees must be Green Card holders or U.S. citizens, i.e., undocumented or asylum entrants being allowed to enlist, but that is not yet definite.

On the other hand, if you are able to come to the U.S. as a visitor, you might be in a better position to seek out options for staying legally in the U.S. and eventually enlisting in the Marines.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Nick Slater View Post
    Hello everyone reading this

I am a 23 Y/O British citizen, who is currently interested in getting a green card for the purpose of joining the USMC, i got a few questions that i need help with, many thanks for any help provided.

1) The biggest issue i got is when i was younger 18-20/21 i got into a little run of minor criminal records is this going to be a issue, because from what i hear they are very stringent on criminal convictions, i am now a changed person after being in the British Army for a year (medical discharge due to ankle injury) i got a exemplary (best possible) record can i perhaps use this to my advantage?

2) do i need to visit the USA before hand to ask for a green card

3) i only got senior/high school education i got over 5 gcse c grades is this going to be sufficent?

4) if i state i wish to join the USMC can i perhaps use this to my advantage? (as i understand they are running short on them at the moment)

many thanks again

All the best

Nick

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X