B1 visa denied once - reapplication help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa denied once - reapplication help

I am a recent college graduate and I was supposed to present a research paper at an IEEE conference.My B1 visa interview was held in Chennai on 24/11/2014.During my interview I was asked my purpose of visit,my company name and my salary. I was not asked for the invitation letter from the organisers. I work at a not-so-well-known startup,but I earn 28 LPA. During my interview I made a mistake in converting lakhs to millions and was stupid enough to mention my salary as 280,000. I think this,together with the fact that I have been working for only 6 months caused my visa denial under 214(b).I am applying for the visa again.

My questions:

1.Should I show the invitation letter to the VC without he/her asking for it when I explain the purpose of visit?

2.Will saying that I made a mistake in stating the salary and showing the salary slip work?

3.Since the conference is in January,I need to apply within a very short duration.Will this be of any problem?

4.What documents should I take to prove that I have strong ties to my home country.I do not own any property etc. since I have just graduated from college this year.

Any help would be appreciated.

28 lacs per annum is good income but,
    you have other negatives. ..

Young & single
    Short work experience

You can't show the documents unless VO ask for it.

Wrong salary might be one of the reason for rejection but we can't assume that's only the reason.

You have only
    50-50 chances.
    A lenient officer may approve your visa.
    If it is really important for you, then you can try your luck or else you can wait for a right time.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Thanks.Attending this conference is really important for me.My friends who were in a similar scenario were granted their visas.I am not sure why I was refused

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X