H1B In-person Interview in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B In-person Interview in the US

Hello, I am a Bulgarian citizen and a Canadian Permanent Resident currently residing in Canada. I recently applied for H1B sponsorship employment opportunities in the United States (US). A large number of US companies were highly interested in my application, yet were not willing to sponsor me for H1B visa unless I met with them in person. I immediately applied for a US Visitor Visa which I was denied. The US Consulate Representative had no reasons to believe that I would return back to Canada upon my travel to the States. I have been unemployed since I first came to Canada which was a year and a half ago despite the immense efforts that I have put forward to become a Canadian employee. I believe that this was the reason why I was denied a US Visitor Visa. It appeared to me that whether employed in Canada or not, there is no guarantee that a Visitor Visa applicant would return to Canada upon their stay in the US. Yet, while some applications are approved, others are denied such an opportunity. America is opening its doors for me while my heart has always been open for America. Could you please advise me as to how to proceed in order to attend the in-person interviews extended to me by US companies provided my Visitor Visa application had been denied? Thank you very much!

Hi Eli15,

I think you can try to take the on-site interviews by applying for a B1 business visa instead. It will probably require your prospective employer to send you a notification stating that they are inviting you for an on-site interview.
    If you search on this forum, you might find similar cases posted.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X