Foreign Domestic Worker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Domestic Worker

I want to bring in a foreign domestic worker from the Philippines who worked for me when I lived there. He has been issued a B1/B2 visa and has visited the US a few times to visit his relations. In this case, I assume he enters with the B1 and an letter from me that I am engaging his services as a domestic worker. What is the duration he can stay and work for me on a B1? I want him here for at least 1 year and would appreciate any info on this.

Many thanks

Janette,

A "caretaker" or "personal assistant" visa will require your presence at his Embassy interview. It is very difficult to obtain approval for that category unless you are involved with an international company, organization or diplomatic.
    --Ray B

Originally posted by Janette Freeman View Post
    I want to bring in a foreign domestic worker from the Philippines who worked for me when I lived there. He has been issued a B1/B2 visa and has visited the US a few times to visit his relations. In this case, I assume he enters with the B1 and an letter from me that I am engaging his services as a domestic worker. What is the duration he can stay and work for me on a B1? I want him here for at least 1 year and would appreciate any info on this.

Many thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X