Wrong option selected in DS-160 form for B1/B2 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong option selected in DS-160 form for B1/B2 visa

I am visiting the US to attend a business conference in US from 26th Janto 30thJan but I am staying from 24th Jan to 1st Feb.. I have all the documents ready, the conference is from Mon to Thursday and so I have 4 extra days for exploring the city.

When submitting my visa application I put in B1 category and then in the sub category I selected B1/B2 (Temporary visitor) rather than just B1 ( conference).

The form has been submitted and my appointment is on 16th Jan. I am worried, I should have selected option B1 but as I thought I am in a way doing tourism on the extra days I should apply for the B1/B2 option as I am doing business and tourism.
    Can someone please tell me if it is possible to resubmit the application to change the category of visa application from B1/B2 option to B1? Also, if you think I should be doing this or should just try and explain to the officer what my thinking process was when I selected the B1/B2 option.

Please advise, your help is much appreciated.Thanks.

It's okay, no need to change the category.
    Anyway, they will issue b1/b2 mostly.
    Don't worry about it and focus on the interview.

All the best.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Thanks, my visa appointment is on 16 Jan, I am flying on 24 Jan. The website says it takes approximately 5 working days.
      I hope the passport will be returned before I fly.
      Is it quicker to opt for collection points or for courier delivery?

Comment

You can directly get it from collection point.
        It's faster.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X