B1 Visa - Second entry into USA within an year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa - Second entry into USA within an year

I had visited USA last year on B1 visa (Multiple entry),from June-2014 and departed in last week of July-2014.This was my very first visit to USA.I had stayed totally for 7 weeks. At the POE, i had mentioned to the officer that, i will stay for 6 weeks.
    But, i overstayed for a week, although my I-94 was valid for 6 months.Purpose of my stay was purely for
    Business meetings and conferences,Training and Knowledge gathering on upcoming projects from our stakeholders.

This year,i will be traveling in the month of February last week, and will stay again for 6-7 weeks,for
    the same purposes(Business meetings/conferences,Training and Knowledge gathering) for the new upcoming projects.
    Will i face any problem with the officer at the POE for admission into US? Are there any chances that i will undergo
    heavy scrutiny by the POE officer and being subjected to secondary inspection?

Your frequency of visits is okay on B1. But, duration of stay is a bit high. 2-3 weeks stay is alright but 7-8 weeks of stay every time is negative.

Not sure, how POE authorities will respond on your issue.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your opinion on my issue. I am going to condense my itinerary to 4 weeks. Although it will make my schedule
      more hectic, but i do not want to face any problem at the POE.I hope staying for 4 weeks shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Carry all supportive documents and itinerary, which proves that your entire trip is purely for the purpose of business meetings and doesn't involve in any work.

This is my opinion not a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X