Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa expires even before I-94 expires

Hi,

My visa is expiring next week, and the immigration officer gave the I-94 expiring in mid February. So is it legal to stay in US even when my visa has expired but the I-94 has been issued for a longer period?

Please let me know asap as this is very important for me.

You can legally stay in US until I-94 expires. Visa is used only to enter US.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

The I-94 is the definitive document determining how long you can stay in the United States.

The I-94 can show various notations for your departure, for eg, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or "D/S" or "duration of stay" (valid till the reason for your stay is finished and you decide to leave).

Once your visa is expired you can no longer travel to and from the US. However, you can stay in the US until the date specified by the immigration officer at the port of entry in your I-94.

Comment

Visiting US (B1) 3 days prior of VISA expiry

My visa is valid till JAN 20 -2006, I want to visit on 17th of JAN 2006. This is my 3rd Visit to US in a year. Each time I got I-94 for three months and I had left US before my I-94 expires. Previously I had revisited US in gap of 1 month.

1. Will there be any problem in Entry.
        2. Previously I left US on 9th dec 2005.
        3. If there is no problem, then how long will I get I94.
        4. Is there wrong in requesting for stay of 6 months, even though our company document says for 12 weeks of stay.
        5. Is there any extra caution or documents to carry for any purpose, as this is my 3rd consecutive visit on B1.

Awainting a URGENT help, highly appreciate the answers.
        Thanks
        Last edited by usrnj; 12-30-2005, 03:25 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X