Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

<urgent help needed> Intended length of stay in US - DS160 question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <urgent help needed> Intended length of stay in US - DS160 question!

Hi All,

I was going through my DS160 form (already submitted and appointment taken) and realized that I have answered the question 'Intended length of stay in US' as 14 weeks instead of 14 days

The conference which am participating is only for two weeks and invitation letter am holding is having this information as 2 weeks.

Is this something that I can explaint the time of the interview (if asked) or is this a more serious mistake ?

Do i need to reschedule the appointment by filling a new DS-160 form with intended length as "14 days"?

I understand that BV ids valid for 3 months . EVen if thats taken into account there can be only 12 weeks

Thanks,
    Kiki

urgent help needed as my visa appointment is scheduled tomorrow

hi all,

Could you please help me as my visa appointment is scheduled tomorrow!

For a Indian passport holder, maximum length of stay allowed with be is given as 120 days in **** **** * whereas in other forum it was mentioned as 90 days.

Will I face any issue as the duration mentioned in covering letter and ds 160 form are differing?

Comment

Tell the truth that you wrote a mistake in the form in lenght of stay.

Just tell the truth to the officer that instead of 14 days you mistakenly put a 14 weeks but be sure to convince the officer that you will return on or before 14days conference.

Show a letter to the officer that you will return within the period. Because you are arrive in Point of entry USA they will interview you(Border) again, If you get your B1 VISA.

Goodluck!

Originally posted by kiki2504 View Post
      hi all,

Could you please help me as my visa appointment is scheduled tomorrow!

For a Indian passport holder, maximum length of stay allowed with be is given as 120 days in **** **** * whereas in other forum it was mentioned as 90 days.

Will I face any issue as the duration mentioned in covering letter and ds 160 form are differing?

Comment

Hi,

Can you please share your experience ? Did you get the visa ?Did VO asked about Length of Stay ? If yes, what did you say?

Thanks
        Ankit

Comment

Hi,

Can you please share your experience ? Did you get the visa ?Did VO asked about Length of Stay ? If yes, what did you say?

Thanks
          Ankit

Comment

Originally posted by ankit2056.vit View Post
            Hi,

Thanks
            Ankit
            Whatever you mention in DS160 & in interview should be in sync.

For B1 visa stay of a week of two should be good enough.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X