Name mismatch with the new passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name mismatch with the new passport

I have a valid US B1 visa issued to me against my first passport in which my name was stamped as below
    Given Name : YYYY
    Surname : YYYY

The same is mentioned in the Visa as well. With this passport and visa I have travelled to the US 3 times.

In 2012, I had renewed my passport and the names were printed as follows

Given Name : YYYY
    Surname : YYYY

If you notice, the first name and the last names got swapped and is different from the one mentioned in the visa. I hadn't notice this and I had travelled to the US with the new passport and the visa in 2012 and had stayed in the US for 10 days.

I had noticed this difference in my name during last year and as I have to travel to the US in the month of June, I would like to know whether this will cause any issues. Can you please help me here?

That's not a problem.

Anyway, you will carry both the passports and one can find the recent mistake of passport people.

Alternatively, you may approach passport people and get it corrected, as the visa is in the old passport, correction will not effect on the visa stamp.

This is my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Whenever there is a discrepancy in the names, Immigration may think you are trying to commit some type of fraud. You must explain in clear detail why there is the mismatch.
      Last edited by DiannaAlexander; 05-28-2015, 01:18 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X