Multiple entry visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple entry visa

I have a B1/B2 multiple entry visa for 3 months which expires on 20th Jan 2006. I just returned back to India from my first trip on 28th Dec 2005. My questions are:
    1) I got a visa on my office business purposes(all the documents are given by my office) and now i would like attend my cousin' wedding (on personal capacity) on 18th Jan for a week. So i would be probably leaving on 12th to 15th Jan 2006. Can i enter US again on same visa?
    2) If yes to my 1st Ques, then Do i need any documents to prove at port of entry?
    3) Is there any rules which says need a mininimum break between number of visit within the visa expiration.
    4) Is there any route which you can extend multiple visa when you enter US, if so then give me some address

1. Yes. So long as your visa will not have expired when you enter.

2. I dont think so. Does your visa have a notation on it to the effect that it is for a specific purpose?

3. No.

4. You wont need to extend it presumably. The immigration officer will issue you a so-called "I-94" which is the document you would use to prove your legal status in the United States. These can be issued from anywhere from a few days to six months and indefinite duration of stay. On a B1 it is usually up to six months at most.
    At any rate, the IO will ask you how long you need to stay,. Tell him or her that, and they will issue the "I-94" for as long as you require to stay for the wedding at least. six months from 16 jan is 16 June unless im mistaken, and thats how long you will likely be permitted to stay on the I-94.

5. You cannot extend the validity of your visa itself. You will have to apply afresh at the US embassy or consulate nearest to you, for a new B1/B2.

None of this is expert legal advice. Feel free to confirm with the forum veterans.

Comment

thank you and one more question

Thank You for clearing my doubts. Still anyone have experienced then share with me.
      Email sent to me says, ask to veteran, how i contact through mail, just let me know. It will be very helpful for me.

Comment

Business Visa is intended for business purpose only. Seeking entry for another reason while you are on B1 is not advisable.

Comment

Hi,
          If the Visa given to you is " B1/B2 " then you can enter US for personal reasons. If the Visa is just "B1" then you can't use it for attending the weding. So see what is given on the visa.
          VEENA
          (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X