Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa petition and B1

Hello,

I have applied for B1 visa. While filling in DS-156, i replied "No" to "Has anyone ever filed an Immigrant visa petition on your behalf".

After some days, I recalled that one US co had filed my H1B visa petition in 2000. To my knowledge, the H1B visa petition was cleared from INS but the co later dropped further processing (for reasons I dont know). Plz note that, I don;t have H1B stamping done as the process was terminated by the employer.

Considering above situation -

1. Should I modify DS-156 for "Has anyone ever filed an Immigrant visa petition on your behalf" field to indicate above fact?

2. Will above situation (my H1B visa petition) have any adverse impact on my B1 visa process?

Please advice and suggest.

Thanks,

The H1-B is NOT an immigrant visa!

Please DO NOT check "Yes" to the question pertaining to immigrant visas in the DS-156.

It is difficult to get a B1/B2 if an immigrant petition has been filed on your behalf, as you appear to be an intending immigrant. Usually such applications are summarily denied.

It would be a pity if your application got rejected when in fact in truth an immigrant petition was not at all filed on yoiur behalf.

Comment

Thanks Kevlar for correcting my understanding re immigrant visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X