Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when to apply B1

hi,

i need to present a research paper at a conference in october. i have submitted an abstract of the same but will receive an acceptance email only in july. should i apply for b1 in anticipation? if i apply in july after acceptance,will it get processed in time for my presentation?
    i'm currently unemployed, what documentary proof can i produce to indicate my intent to return to india?

thanks!

Apply 3-4 months in advance.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

thanks for the reply.

i've heard that the b1 is granted such that it comes into effect from the next few days of the visa interview. is that true? my conference date is in mid-oct.

Comment

Usually, it is effective from interview date.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

hi all,

with regard to the b1 interview dates, the current status shows that the earliest dates are available in september, and my travel schedule is for october.

if i get an early interview date, can i reschedule it to a later more convenient date?

thanks in advance

Comment

when i fill ds-156 what do i say to the question regarding financial support?

i will receive support from family in india and will not be sponsored from anyone in US. so should i say "self" for source of support?

thanks. would appreciate an early reply.

Comment

another urgent query

what do i fill for this?

Name and Telephone Numbers of Person in U.S. Who You Will Be Staying With or Visiting for Tourism or Business

since i'm participating in a conference should i give the name of the venue/ convention center.

or should i name the conference organizer? he is located in a different state from the venue of the conference, will that be an issue?

please help!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X