No announcement yet.

Applying for B1 (business), earlier had changed from B1 to H1B while in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for B1 (business), earlier had changed from B1 to H1B while in the US

Hi,

I am going to appear for a B1 interview on 23nd May in Mumbai. My trip purpose is business, as i run my own software company in India, and i need to visit existing customers as well as make presentations to potential clients. My company is an established organization (we are more than 10 years in business) and we have close to 70 employees. My trip is going to be for 2 months, and i have meetings lined up in LA, San Jose, Portland, Colorado, NY/NJ and Boston.

A long time ago (in 1991/1992) i had been to the US on a B1 visa twice, and during my 2nd B1 stay, a company filed an H1B petition on my behalf which was approved. So i changed status from B1 to H1B while in the US. I later went to Juarez (Mexico) and got the H1B stamped on the passport (as multiple entry). Later i came back to India before the H1B expired (i came back in 1993). I have not been to the US since then.

All this information has been mentioned by me in the DS156/157. My question is - will my visa history as above be a liability for me in obtaining a fresh B1 ? If so, what questions should i expect in the interview, and how should i establish my bonafide intentions to not immigrate to the US?

Thanks for all your help, and appreciate all your work on this wonderful site -

Prasad Khandkar

I don't see any problems with this.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X