Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is B1/B2 possible when H1B processing is going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is B1/B2 possible when H1B processing is going on?

Hi,

I have applied for a H1b and currently the petition is under adminstrative processing. Now my current employer wants me to visit for a training is US in the month of April. So Can I apply for a B1/B2 visa now? Will I face any issues when I go for stamping? I don't want my current employer to knwo that my H1B processing is going on.

Please help.

Thanks,
    Mougli

I don't see any problem with that. Go ahead.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

B1 Visa

Originally posted by mougli
      Hi,

I have applied for a H1b and currently the petition is under adminstrative processing. Now my current employer wants me to visit for a training is US in the month of April. So Can I apply for a B1/B2 visa now? Will I face any issues when I go for stamping? I don't want my current employer to knwo that my H1B processing is going on.

Please help.

Thanks,
      Mougli
      Hi

I definately foresee that you may have to face a few query's at the Consulate. Because you applied for a H1b visa earlier which is a dual intent visa, you dont have to prove that you will come back to your home country. But a B1 is a non-immigrant visa and you definately need to prove that you will come back after a temporary stay. WHile your intension on applying for H1B itself is to work for a continuous period of 6 years

Not Legal Advice!

Comment

So Mougli what did you do? did u get your b1 stamped when your h1 was under process?

So Mougli what did you do? did u get your b1 stamped when your h1 was under process? Also did u enter the US at the same time? I am in a similar situation and would need help
        Thanks
        Sam

Comment

ImmiHelp

Hi ,
          My Current predicament is same as Mougli, but a bit more complex. I will appreciate appropriate advice, So I can ensure to present myself in truth.

My H1B petetion was approved in Oct05, to be applied from Mumbai consulate.

I moved in OCt05 to Bangalore and joined a new company, who filed for my B1 visa from Chennai. I had made them aware that I will be able to commit to them till July06 since I intented to be in USA for work by OCt06.

Now the hard part.. My Request from Chennai consulate has been rejected 2 times, once in Jan06 and again in April06 under 214(b). My current company in Banaglore is keen and asked me to reapply for B1. They are happy for me to travel atleast over the next 2-3 months to help them establish good client relations and setup.

Now my questions :
          My H1 application from Mumbai is for Sept06, however at the time of application my B1 was just rejcted once... so do I need to update the form and reapply for a new date?
          My petition for H1 says apllication from Mumbai, from where I have applied. Under current circumstance is it still valid and legal I had applied rom Mumbai.
          Should I reapply for B1 again, as my company is insistant that I do,even after knowledge that I am comitted to them till July06.

Please help and advice anyone!!!
          Last edited by tinman; 05-01-2006, 05:28 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X