Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying for B1 visa for Job Interview , previously had H1B visa with remainder time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for B1 visa for Job Interview , previously had H1B visa with remainder time

Hi All

I am looking for any advice, previous experience of people with a situation where,

I had a H1B visa ( unused period 3 years ), Now the as per law, a company can apply for new petition claiming my reminder of time.
    The company wants to do an onsite interview, to attain this, I will need to get a B1 Visa. Currently I am an entrepreneur.

And Hoping the B1 Visa is attained, and I clear the interview onsite, I will again need to interview at embassy for H1B.

Can anyone guide on

1) Is b1 for Job Interview viable and its approval probability and how should I go about the interview ??
    2) H1B approval Probability post B1 ?

Originally posted by kdd View Post
    1) Is b1 for Job Interview viable and its approval probability and how should I go about the interview ??
    No its not, Visiting USA on B1 & immediately filing for H1 may impact approval of your H1 visa.
    Originally posted by kdd View Post
    2) H1B approval Probability post B1 ?
    It will be risky.

Try to use Skype or other video conferencing means to attend the interview from your home country.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X