Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 or H1B

Hello,

I am currently in the United States on a H1B visa which is valid for two more years. I recently received my permanent residence in Canada and will move there and work remotely from Montreal for my American company. I will be occasionally traveling to the United States from Canada to engage in meetings with my colleagues/clients in various parts of the U.S. (Atlanta, New York, San Francisco etc.).

My question is, should I enter the U.S. on H1B or B1? These will be productive meetings where we will be just discussing some work but no actual work will be done by me from the United States. Should I enter using my French passport (visa free on B1) or continue using my H1B and enter the U.S. as a temporary worker?

Thank you!
    Praveen

If you'll be getting paid while on your USA visit, you should use H1B visa & also file your tax returns.

You should not be paid if you are using your B1 visa (or visa free visit) for your visit to USA.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X