Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time travel to USA

Hi,
    I plan to attend one-week conference in July at a US university. The trip is sponsored by my organisation. I have received an invitation for the US university.
    This is my first travel abroad. I plan to take my wife along on a B-2 visa.
    Should I submit a visa application for me and my wife jointly or separately?
    I prepared a DS-160 in which I have mentioned my wife would be travelling along with me. I have not yet submitted my DS-160 form.

Thank you.
    Regards,
    Barnabas

Originally posted by Barnabasn View Post
    Hi,
    I plan to attend one-week conference in July at a US university. The trip is sponsored by my organisation. I have received an invitation for the US university.
    This is my first travel abroad. I plan to take my wife along on a B-2 visa.
    Should I submit a visa application for me and my wife jointly or separately?
    I prepared a DS-160 in which I have mentioned my wife would be travelling along with me. I have not yet submitted my DS-160 form.

Thank you.
    Regards,
    Barnabas
    Which country are you from?

I would suggest to go with your individual application first & take your first visit alone. On subsequent visits you may apply for your wife's visa - it will increase chances for both of your visas.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Each applicant completes a separate ds160 application; wife must also complete her own ds160 and pay the fee. However a couple can chose to interview together.

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
        Each applicant completes a separate ds160 application; wife must also complete her own ds160 and pay the fee. However a couple can chose to interview together.
        Thank you very much.
        Regards,
        Barnabas

Comment

Re:

Well..The discussion is really interested please free to ask any queries as i am working for the same industry.

Comment

First time travel to USA

Congrats buddy if you are going to first time to USA

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X