Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor mistake of Passport Issue date in DS-160

hi ,

While filling up DS-160 , I have made a mistake of filling up Passport Issue date, it was actually 10/11/2014(mm/dd/yyyy) , By mistake i have entered (10/10/2014).
    Already Scheduled the interview, Please advise what should i do now?
    Do I need to go to that form correct it and take that new form , it will have a different ID .
    Please do advise.

Call US embassy

Originally posted by Ishan Srivastava View Post
    hi ,

While filling up DS-160 , I have made a mistake of filling up Passport Issue date, it was actually 10/11/2014(mm/dd/yyyy) , By mistake i have entered (10/10/2014).
    Already Scheduled the interview, Please advise what should i do now?
    Do I need to go to that form correct it and take that new form , it will have a different ID .
    Please do advise.
    Completing the DS-160 said

Important Notice: Take care to answer all questions on the DS-160 accurately and completely; otherwise, you may have to correct your application and reschedule your visa interview appointment.

So that you should call US embassy to correct it.
    Last edited by meni; 06-12-2016, 12:54 PM.
    This is my opinion not legal advice. I just want to help you to thoroughly consider among doable ways but you take your own risks.

Comment

If Biometric is pending details can be updated

Please note details can be change if Biometric is still need to be done you have 2 options either you can get it change at OFC Center during Biometric process manually by the representative (they some time refuse to do so) or you can fill new application on same login id of DS 160 it will pull out all relevant data automatically which you have filled in earlier application their you can update passport issuance date and in that case you do not need to take new appointment of OFC & consular just be their with both old and new DS 160 Confirmation on existing OFC Appointment date they will update your new DS 160 Confirmation no manually.
      Advise is to fill new form under same id and get it change with old DS 160 Confirmation at OFC Center.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X