Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on nanny's visa

Hello,
    We are moving to the States for a sabbatical year and we would like to bring with us a person to help us with the kids.
    She raised my husband and she is also his godmother, she's part of the family now, and has been on and off living/working with us for the last 10 years.
    We were advise on bringing her with her current B1 visa and asking at the entry point a 6-months stay period when explaining that she will be helping the family, and that she's family to us. The other option is to request a B1 visa for her to work with us. The first option is much easier but I'm concern about leaving the decision to the immigration officer. Are you aware of the chances of actually grating a 6-months stay period?
    We are going on a J1/2 visa.
    Many thanks!

Originally posted by P2US View Post
    Hello,
    We are moving to the States for a sabbatical year and we would like to bring with us a person to help us with the kids.
    She raised my husband and she is also his godmother, she's part of the family now, and has been on and off living/working with us for the last 10 years.
    We were advise on bringing her with her current B1 visa and asking at the entry point a 6-months stay period when explaining that she will be helping the family, and that she's family to us. The other option is to request a B1 visa for her to work with us. The first option is much easier but I'm concern about leaving the decision to the immigration officer. Are you aware of the chances of actually grating a 6-months stay period?
    We are going on a J1/2 visa.
    Many thanks!
    CBP decides whether to let someone in, and for how long.
    But first, you ought to worry about getting a visa.. a tough task for someone whose job can be done by an American.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X