Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa travel - on a diff company

Hi,

I have multiple entry B1 visa stamped on my passport.

I have taken a long leave (for next six months) from my Company in India.

I have an immediate opportunity to visit short term through a diff Company. Duration of this assignment is not more than 3-4 months. I would like to avail of this opportunity due to my personal reasons and also to get an experience in US.

Can I travel on B1 on this short term assignment while I am on leave with my existing Company.

Also I intend to file for H1 through a vendor in US in April.

Please clarify.

When did you get your B1/B2?
    Did you ever use it for US travel?

Originally posted by jasmine
    Hi,

I have multiple entry B1 visa stamped on my passport.

I have taken a long leave (for next six months) from my Company in India.

I have an immediate opportunity to visit short term through a diff Company. Duration of this assignment is not more than 3-4 months. I would like to avail of this opportunity due to my personal reasons and also to get an experience in US.

Can I travel on B1 on this short term assignment while I am on leave with my existing Company.

Also I intend to file for H1 through a vendor in US in April.

Please clarify.

Comment

B1 visa

B1 is not given or shown on with compnay name. so You can go ahead and travel but you should have enough documents about your new company,purpose of travel you should never show that you are going to work in US, assignment can be project study,discussion,knowledge transfer etc never work with B1. At Port of entry you will questioned about your new compnay,when you joined, what is the purpose of visit, how long is your visit etc...for which if you have correct answers they give only amximum of 3 months as period of stay in US...so be prepared for it too if the project is longer than that..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X