Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Visa for an international student to attend a conference

Hello everyone,

I am an international student in country A who come from country B. My paper got accepted to an international conference in US this year and I have to apply for a visa. I have some difficulties filling my application. I tried to look everywhere for the answer and I could not found it. My questions are :
    1. What type of visa should I get? is it B1, B2, or B1/B2 ? The conference committee told me to get tourist visa which I assume B2. However, since I put the organization name as the payor (as they instructed, because they will reimburse the travel expenses later), I don't see how the organization pays for "tourism" activities. So I took a look at some websites and attending conference is included in B1 visa. It confuses me.
    2. I have been living at dormitory in country A for three and half years now and will continue living there until I graduate next year. What should I write in home address? Is it the dormitory address or my home address in my home country B ?
    3. What supporting documents should I bring? I am worried, especially about presenting strong ties to return after the conference. I AM going to return (i have to graduate next year!) but how to ensure them ?
    4. I did try to apply last week and got rejected. The consular officer did not ask for any documents I prepared except my alien card. I was nervous. Any advice for my next interview? The rejection letter said that I don't have any strong ties to return (but there wasn't any questions about it).

Thank you, any help is appreciated.

How do you think your ties have strengthened since last week?

What is your original country and where are you presently?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X