X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa for freelancers / small firm owners

Thanks immihelp for this forum.
    Here is my experience:
    Biometric done on 30-Aug. It took only about 15-20 minutes. Appointment was for 11:45 but security allowed me in the queue at 10.45. Not a long queue and turn-around times are very fast.
    Visa interview was scheduled for 1-Sep at 9 A.M.
    Reached the consulate at 7.45 AM. There was a long queue of about 200 people. That was for 8 AM and the security did not allow others to stand in the queue. But that queue was cleared within 30 mins and I could get in the 9 AM queue by about 8.45. Inside, after the security check, they make you sit in another queue before letting you inside the building. But the whole process is very fast. Inside they do another round of finger scanning.(probably for verification). After that you get in the queue for interview.
    Here are the interview details. VO was a mid-aged asian male.
    VO: Did you have an H1B before?
    ME: Yes
    VO: How long did you stay last time?
    ME: 2 years
    VO: Are you going with the same company?
    ME: No. It's my own company now. I am partner in my company and also an Individual software consultant.
    VO: Are you going for a meeting or soemthing?
    ME: Yes. (This was easiest of all )
    VO: How may days are you going?
    ME: 1 week
    VO: Who is paying for the trip?
    ME: I am paying for airfare and my client is paying for lodging and boarding.

That's it! No good morning or the "golden words". He just kept my passport.
    Got 10 years multiple entry B1/B2. (Note: In VISA application, I had selected only B1)

Same situation. Need some suggestions

Hi, In my case my client in USA is ready to sponsor the whole trip(including travel expenses). Should I tell them about it if asked? By the way I am a freelance web developer and going to meet my client for the 1st time.

Another question. What are the documents I should bring to the visa office at the time of interview?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi sourav, I am in a similar situation and looking to get some inputs.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X