Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying for B1/B2 visa second time, after 214(B) rejection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for B1/B2 visa second time, after 214(B) rejection.

Hi All,

My B1/B2 visa application got rejected with 214(b) reason and I want advices from you people to overcome this unfortunate situation. Below I am explaining my details that will give you insight to the problem. I am a research scholar at YYYY college in Delhi and one of my research work got accepted in the international conference which is going to happen in US. Everything was fine till the interview and after the interview I was told by the consulate officer that my visa can't be approved. Later, I realized from my colleagues and seniors that the issue was the field which I am doing research and which I mentioned in the DS160. Actually I use satellite and observational data over and inside the ocean and unfortunately as per my seniors, these are very sensitive words for Defense and Navy. Since I was not aware of this earlier, I wrote these words in my DS-160 and told this words during the interview also as I believe because of which I am going through this difficult situation. Although I am using these data, it has to do nothing with the Defense and it is purely for research purpose but unfortunately I couldn't convince the officer. Still I have time for applying second time and I want you people's advice to overcome the situation. I have the following crucial doubts.

1) What I should write in the DS-160 form for the question of "Briefly describe your duties", If I write the topic on which I am accepted for presentation in the conference, it include those "seemingly sensitive words" which are actually not so.

2) If I change the new application with a compromising sentences, how it will effect? (Definitely they will match with the previously submitted DS160)

3) What is the chances of getting visa in the second time interview?

Originally posted by Dipak87 View Post
    Hi All,

My B1/B2 visa application got rejected with 214(b) reason and I want advices from you people to overcome this unfortunate situation. Below I am explaining my details that will give you insight to the problem. I am a research scholar at YYYY college in Delhi and one of my research work got accepted in the international conference which is going to happen in US. Everything was fine till the interview and after the interview I was told by the consulate officer that my visa can't be approved. Later, I realized from my colleagues and seniors that the issue was the field which I am doing research and which I mentioned in the DS160. Actually I use satellite and observational data over and inside the ocean and unfortunately as per my seniors, these are very sensitive words for Defense and Navy. Since I was not aware of this earlier, I wrote these words in my DS-160 and told this words during the interview also as I believe because of which I am going through this difficult situation. Although I am using these data, it has to do nothing with the Defense and it is purely for research purpose but unfortunately I couldn't convince the officer. Still I have time for applying second time and I want you people's advice to overcome the situation. I have the following crucial doubts.

1) What I should write in the DS-160 form for the question of "Briefly describe your duties", If I write the topic on which I am accepted for presentation in the conference, it include those "seemingly sensitive words" which are actually not so.

2) If I change the new application with a compromising sentences, how it will effect? (Definitely they will match with the previously submitted DS160)

3) What is the chances of getting visa in the second time interview?

Its not only the area of research but your past travel history(similar travel to other countries), financial position(salary, stability of job etc), personal position (family/kids) that also play a role in the visa decision outcome.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

I don't think your denial had anything to do with your area of research. VO does'nt care. All they look for are strong ties to home country that will make you return. Many research scholars from India come to US for conferences and through their old college contacts manage to get into post-doc position and continue to stay (I personally know of a few). I believe that is the reason for your visa denial.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X