Business Visa (B1) Denial and New Interview This Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Visa (B1) Denial and New Interview This Week

Hi everyone. I am a newbie in this forum. I would just like to share my experience on US Visa denial last week (Jan.3) and hope I can have some tips for my upcoming interview (2nd time) this week, Jan.12. Here is my previous interview:

VO: Good morning.
    Me: Good morning!
    VO: Your passport please.
    Me: Hand-over my passport. (Since it was my first time to attend a Visa Interview, I don't know if I can give the consul my travel documents along with my passport although he was just asking for my passport alone. My documents which our company and I prepared include Invitation Letter from the US, Certificate of Employment and Letter to the Embassy from our HR Department. So I just gave my passport)
    VO: When are you planning to go to the United States?
    Me: January 8-21, 2016. For two weeks.
    VO: Why are you going to "Company"?
    Me: I'm going to "Company" to attend training for our new work process which is "mentioned the process training".
    VO: How long have you been working on your company?
    Me: I've been working on this company from Nov.28, 2016.
    VO: 2 months?
    Me: Yes, 2 months this January.
    VO: 2 weeks or 2 months? (Maybe he didn't hear my answer very well)
    Me: 2 months. Yes.
    VO: Have you traveled overseas before?
    Me: Yes sir.
    VO: Where? When?
    Me: In Singapore. Last May to June 2016.
    VO: What did you do there?
    Me: I also attended training. For my previous company.
    VO: So you attended training then you left your job?
    Me: No. We were all laid off because of redundancy.
    VO: Redundancy? OK.
    Me: Yes.
    VO: Are you married?
    Me: No.
    VO: Do you have kids?
    VO: "Type something" Sorry I cannot approve your Visa today. (Hand-over my passport back including a blue paper of denial).
    Me: Okay. Thank you.

*I am currently working in a multinational company which is a subsidiary of the corporation that I am going to visit in the US. I can say that this is a large company with very good reputation.
    *Our company has priority program regarding the application of Visa
    *Our company has no history of Visa denial
    *I am travelling with someone who's going to attend the training too. We're both denied under section 214b - lack of evidence to prove the intention of our travel to the US (which is training)

This week, we're scheduled to attend an interview and this time I'm planning to give my passport along with my travel documents (Invitation Letter from the US, Certificate of Employment and Letter to the Embassy from our HR Department indicating my employment status, that I will be back after our travel and that they will cover all costs relating to this travel, Detailed Training Plan, List of Contact Names of the persons that we're going to meet in the US, our External Support and my colleagues and bosses here in our company). I also practice any possible scenarios in our home and will keep in mind to use Ma'am/Sir to address the VO.

Do you guys know any particular reason for the denial? What am I supposed to do during my interview this week?
    Thank you.

Unlikely to be successful this time around either, as there has been no material change in circumstances since the two weeks since last denial.

Comment

The reason your visa got denied are the following:
      1. you have worked for your current company only for 2 months. There should be a good reason why the company would like to send you for this training rather than employees who have worked for more years.
      2. you have traveled to Singapore for training and then you were laid off for redundancy ...redundancy pretty much means that you were not that important an employee to begin with. Which also indicates that you might not be saying the complete truth about your visit to Singapore. (Not to hint anything at your credibility, but a lot of Indians try to do that as Singapore is easy to visit and considerably cheap.

3. YES , you can and you should apply immediately.

- AVS Team

Originally posted by reyn View Post
      Hi everyone. I am a newbie in this forum. I would just like to share my experience on US Visa denial last week (Jan.3) and hope I can have some tips for my upcoming interview (2nd time) this week, Jan.12. Here is my previous interview:

Me: Hand-over my passport. (Since it was my first time to attend a Visa Interview, I don't know if I can give the consul my travel documents along with my passport although he was just asking for my passport alone. My documents which our company and I prepared include Invitation Letter from the US, Certificate of Employment and Letter to the Embassy from our HR Department. So I just gave my passport)
      Me: I'm going to "Company" to attend training for our new work process which is "mentioned the process training".
      VO: "Type something" Sorry I cannot approve your Visa today. (Hand-over my passport back including a blue paper of denial).

*I am currently working in a multinational company which is a subsidiary of the corporation that I am going to visit in the US. I can say that this is a large company with very good reputation.
      *I am travelling with someone who's going to attend the training too. We're both denied under section 214b - lack of evidence to prove the intention of our travel to the US (which is training)

This week, we're scheduled to attend an interview and this time I'm planning to give my passport along with my travel documents (Invitation Letter from the US, Certificate of Employment and Letter to the Embassy from our HR Department indicating my employment status, that I will be back after our travel and that they will cover all costs relating to this travel, Detailed Training Plan, List of Contact Names of the persons that we're going to meet in the US, our External Support and my colleagues and bosses here in our company). I also practice any possible scenarios in our home and will keep in mind to use Ma'am/Sir to address the VO.

Do you guys know any particular reason for the denial? What am I supposed to do during my interview this week?
      Thank you.

Comment

Did you get the visa? Please update... if you don't mind...

Comment

Hello, First of all I am no expert on this issue but I just want to inform you that if you are denied once, there is no rule you will get denied again if you apply immediately, My visa was denied once & I reapplied within 4 days & my interview was scheduled within 10 days, I did not change a single thing in my DS-160 means, no change in scenario except my travel plans ( I added the exact dates of travel, earlier I selected No for "Have you made the specific travel plans" this time I selected Yes & gave the dates.

When I read about reapplying again after rejection, I found almost 99% rejection but still I was very much confident that I will get the visa when I reapply as after reading almost 50 pages of question answers, I was fulfilling all basic criteria of getting visa. It was just a bad day & the VO did not ask me any straight questions, She started with a tricky question & kept on asking in continuation of same, She rejected all the people ahead of me & by looking at her, I could say, she was not going to give me visa too.

She rejected my visa in 30 secs.

Next time When I went for IW, VO was very cool & asked questions related to my business, the conference, my previous visits & gave me time to answer all, within 2 mins, He said "Congratulations, You Visa is Approved'

Now, what may be wrong in your case, You have worked just for 2 months in this company, Single, you have not mentioned about your salary so can't comment on it. But normally New Employees are rejected, I have seen many cases ( Read Here ) where they rejected the visa for people working for very less time with current company.

My Advice - You can't change the situation so don't try to do that, Just answer things clearly & confidently, sometimes, it's just the VO's mood that gives you visa & if he/she is not in good mood, they can reject anyone.

I have read almost 50 pages of questions/answers here to summaries why they reject visa &

Originally posted by reyn View Post

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X