Issue with the Date in invitation letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with the Date in invitation letter

I am going to attend the B1 visa interview next week. I have the invitation letter from my client company. But when I got the invitation letter, there is no interview slots available and the dates in the invitation letter is already passed. Will that be an issue? This is my first visa interview.

Originally posted by dam4 View Post
    I am going to attend the B1 visa interview next week. I have the invitation letter from my client company. But when I got the invitation letter, there is no interview slots available and the dates in the invitation letter is already passed. Will that be an issue? This is my first visa interview.
    Yes this can be a big issue
    1. If the VO asks you to show the letter and it has a wrong dates they might question the validity and your intent since the dates are passed
    2. if you are in regular communication with the client ..then they should be able to provide you with a new invitation letter. Or you can attach your email communication with them showing the you have informed them that interview dates were not available and they have agreed to change the meeting times

If you cannot get the new invitation letter or email communication then it might be better not to carry the letter at all.

-avs

Comment

I do not think it is going to be a major problem unless until the there is a huge gap between the dates mentioned in the invitation letter and date of visa interview. Consulate do understand that because of non-availability of slots the date has been passed, or you could mention this while handing over the letter. But in any case, it would be best if you can get letter from client with revised dates. I haven't seen any client denying new letter, or you can just edit the dates on your current letter with an editor.
      Hope this helps.

Comment

Well if the dates have passed, so too has presumably the reasons for the trip. If the company or client didn't go kaput, they could do without someone from overseas.
        All the more reason to cancel the interview and allow that slot to someone else who has a valid need to travel.
        Last edited by daggit; 01-14-2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X