Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The correct length of B1 visa is always 6 months or less?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The correct length of B1 visa is always 6 months or less?

Hi, I have a B1/B2 visa and I’m going to do a not paid internship in US, may the internship be of 6 months or does it have to be shorter to avoid any risks with the immigration officers? I have recently read online that the B1 is granted for only 3 months but I'm not sure that it a correct source.

The company made a letter mentioning the length of the internship of 6 months, should I ask them to write down a shorter length, like 3 months, to avoid any risks of rejection?

I'm going for business reasons, not touristic.

Thank you

Best

Helena

Exactly how long would the internship be; what are the start and end dates?

Comment

the internship will be 6 months

The internship will be 6 months, do you think it is ok?

Comment

There is your answer. Any letter should mention the factual 6-month internship.

Never lie, or misstate facts at POE.

Comment

My Observations:

1. I do not even think you can go for internship on B1/B2 Visa (this is NOT a business purpose). This is more like work related situation or On-the-Job training, it needs Work permit.
          2. It is Non-Paid Internship, so how you are going to survive and meet your expenses? Consulate will ask you this question.
          3. 6 months is long period.

Generally, the period of stay is for 6 months in USA on B1/B2 Visa, but that's the maximum length, it can be 1 week also.All this is decided at the point of entry. Visa is just an authorization to board the plane, NOT to enter in to USA. Whether you are allowed to enter or not, and what would be the duration of stay, All this will be decided by Immigration authority at the Point of Entry. In case you overstay the period, you may be questioned next time when you come back to USA.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, feel free to write on [email protected]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X