Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 Visa Approved in 2nd Interview, 8 Days after First Interview

Hello,

I would like to share my experience with the US Visa IWs which I gave in the gap of 8 days & got successful in 2nd attempt.

Background - After reading almost 50 pages of interviews & browsing 100's of threads, I was sure that I will get the Visa, I am doing Business from well over 8 Years, I Pay decent taxes, Married, owns multiple properties in India & I could not find a single reason for them to reject my visa Application except if I do some blunder during the IW.
    I need to go to attend a Conference & I was going there as an Sponsor of the event & they sent me a initiation letter as well.
    of course I was little nerves but I was confident that whatever VO will ask, I have the answer.

1st IW
    (When I was in line, I have seen all the rejections, almost everyone got rejected except 1 person & I I landed at the counter which I really wanted to avoid, the 45+ lady was not looking in good mood & was rejecting everyone, she rejected 2 ( 1 girl + 1 family ) ahead of me. When I was called to that counter, it made me more nervous.
    Q/A :
    Me : Hello, Good Morning
    VO : Passport Please
    VO : Who's your current employer
    ME : ( As It's my own firm, I was not expecting this question ) I said, I don't work for any company, its my own firm
    VO : Who Funded Your Business when you started
    ME : ( Again, I was not prepared for it ) I said, It was a small setup & did not require much funds to start, except some desks & computers ( I may have answered it better )
    VO : When Did you start the Company
    Me : Sept 2009
    VO : How Old You were when You started
    ME : Got Confused this time & I even was not able to count my age, I thought & said 24-25, where as I was 22 that time.
    VO : Which Countries You Visited Before
    Me : X With friends, Y,Z with wife after marriage ( I think this answer was really not good, as she did not ask me with whom you visited etc, but I was reading the immihelp forum & someone said, mention about if you are married as its good so I said that but I think that was the mistake I did, I should have just answered )

She said, Sorry You are not eligible for Visa now & handed over my passport with a paper. It was shocking for me, I said thank you & left the counter

I made all the plans, I already paid for the event & it was also a decent amount. I decided to apply again & filled the DS-160 once again same day & then I started to search about reapply for the visa, started reading the 2nd interviews & all said, there are hardly any chances as No change in condition in this short time, I thought a lot about it & decided to let it go, coz, as per the records, suggestions & Iws shared on immehelp & other similar places, you are not going to get accepted in 2nd attempt too. I cancelled my plan & got back to my work but the REJECTION was really killing me, I discussed with my wife again & again & all of the sudden after 4 days I filled the DS-160 again & Paid fee.

Despite all the negative feedback, I was very much sure that I will get the visa this time, here is How my 2nd IW went
    VO was 30, male & was looking a very positive person, He rejected the family ahead of me but he listen to them & try to understand them,even called an Indian staff when he was not able to u'stand the language. I know he will not give them visa as I was listening them, but it made me very sure that I will get the visa. I did not make any changes to my DS-160 except I mentioned my travel dates this time earlier I just said ( Not confirmed travel dates & mentioned the address where I am going to stay ) , Everything else was same.
    ME : Hello Good Morning
    VO : Good Morning, Passport Please
    VO : Purpose of Visit
    Me : Going to attend Conference & Expo, XX CITY, YY State
    VO : Tell me About your Business
    ME : Explained that I run an that kind of firm & help our clients to grow the business with help of blah blah ..
    He Could not u'stand so asked again, I explained again
    VO : Why this Conference is important for you
    ME : Explained that it will help me to grow my business, Its gathering of industry leaders & Companies like google, bing etc.
    VO : Which Countries You Visited Before
    Me : Told About Countries ( This time just names )
    VO : Where did you stay in XX Country
    ME : I stayed in XYZ Hotel ( It was strange that he asked where did you stay, but I simply told the hotel name )
    VO : Who funded this trip
    ME : I heard it wrong & thought he asked How much you paid for this trip , I said, 3.5L , He asked again & I said the same again
    VO : came close to the mike and said ( Kon Pay Kia ) ..
    Me : I said oh sorry, I funded it myself
    VO : What does your wife do
    ME : She works in my company
    That's it, Congratulations, Your Visa is approved & you will get the info to collect your visa on mobile in 5 days.

I got 10 Years Multi Entry B1/B2 Visa, however I mentioned just B1 in my form.

He did not ask for any single document, I was carrying ITRs, Bank Statement, Asset Valuation Latter by CA, All original property papers, my degree etc, they normally don't bother about any document at all, I did not see them asking for any doc for B1/B2 Iws during my both visits

My Observation : If you think there is no problem in your case, don't hesitate to reapply, it does not matter when you apply again, if you think there is no problem in your case, it might be just an off day for you or the VO, you can get the visa.

I hope it will help some more people who are doubtful in reapplying after rejection.

Cheers!!
    Last edited by ankitp3; 01-24-2017, 04:32 PM.

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your visa interview experience. It will be useful to other users.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

DS 160 information

Hi,

Congratulations for your visa, I have few questions related to DS 160 Form being Business Applicant, Your response would be a great help:

1. Should I mention my Income in the Field (Monthly Salary in Local Currency (if employed)
      Or just select Do not apply as I don't have any fixed income? If I should fill it then what like my monthly income is around $5000 to $7000 (Being a business partner) so I should mention monthly income in this field or Annual Income?

2. I have a second in Dubai and I havea Residence Visa (Business Visa) of middle east (Dubai) So It would be mentioned in the application as Permanent Residence in other country?

3. I am running a small Software house with 15 Developers in house, How I should explain my duties in this situation as I am not a developer just managing developers and getting US Client Projects to get done by my team.

My first visa is rejected today with the reason of 214(B) so that's why asking above questions to reapply and want to avoid any mistakes if did earlier.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by aliba1981 View Post
        Hi,

Congratulations for your visa, I have few questions related to DS 160 Form being Business Applicant, Your response would be a great help:

1. Should I mention my Income in the Field (Monthly Salary in Local Currency (if employed)
        Or just select Do not apply as I don't have any fixed income? If I should fill it then what like my monthly income is around $5000 to $7000 (Being a business partner) so I should mention monthly income in this field or Annual Income?

2. I have a second in Dubai and I havea Residence Visa (Business Visa) of middle east (Dubai) So It would be mentioned in the application as Permanent Residence in other country?

3. I am running a small Software house with 15 Developers in house, How I should explain my duties in this situation as I am not a developer just managing developers and getting US Client Projects to get done by my team.

My first visa is rejected today with the reason of 214(B) so that's why asking above questions to reapply and want to avoid any mistakes if did earlier.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

You just need to write the average monthly income just divide your yearly income to 12 & write it.
        Being a resident of dubai ( middle east specially ) is sometimes consider a negative ( though its not confirmed but many said the same ) , which might be a factor but the only factor.
        Yes please explain your duties in company clearly as all the questions they will ask will be related to your DS 160 answers only.

Comment

Hi Ankit

Congratulations and thank you for posting this experience.
          I am in a similar situation right now. I am currently on F1 visa. I had applied for B2 Visa for my parents, but it was rejected. I am again applying for B2 Visa for my mother. I submitted the DS-160. However, now I am trying to pay the fees and schedule the interview. I logged on to https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ using my previous profile. There it says:

1. This profile already exists.
          2. Please upload a copy of your passport (which I did).
          3. We will contact you.

So now, I am not able to pay the fees and take a date for my VISA interview.
          My question to you:
          1. Did you face a similar problem while scheduling the interview second time?
          2. How did you solve this problem, and/or get around it?

Please advise.

Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X