Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B1 visa application rejected with reason 214(B)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa application rejected with reason 214(B)

Hi All,

I had applied for B1 visa in December 2016 and the visa was rejected with reason 214(B). I am going to reapply in Feb 2017 with some more documentation. :
    Below are the interview questions that I was asked at the US consulate office:

1. Are you still working with YYYY Company (after he checked the L1 Visa for my previous company on which I was in US for 9 months) (I replied No, currently working in ABC Pvt Ltd)
    2. What is your designation in current company? (I answered Automation Engineer)
    3. What is your total experience? (I answered 10 years for this after some thinking considering my entire IT experience)
    4. How long have you been working in the current company ( I answered 1 and half year, 15 months to be exact)
    5. Is someone else also travelling with you (I answered, I alone, myself only would be travelling)
    6. What training sessions exactly do you have in the US. (I took a small pause for this question for framing my answer and said this would be training for various features of the application, the product we have, would involve more of SQL and Stored Procedures training) Seems the answer wasn't convincing enough as this was the last question and the officer said they cannot approve the visa and handed me the document with 214(B) refusal.

I was not asked any questions on my family, or questions that would prove that I do have ties in my home land which would prevent me from coming back to my home country. I am married and have child of 2 years and staying with my parents.

Any suggestions, pointers or guidelines to take care of during my second interview should be helpful.

Regards,

What has changed since you last interview?

Answer the questions truthfully.

Comment

@Bayfield,

I have better documentation for my schedule of meetings this time than I previously had. Also the focus this time would be more on Client meetings for requirements than on Internal trainings. Hope this would be helpful.

Regards,
      vaibhavk

Comment

Do update us how it goes. seems a lot of people post here and never come back.

Comment

Visa rejected second time in 2 months with 214(b)

Update on this:

The visa got rejected this time too

The VO asked me my passport and began verifying my details on the screen, looking that the visa was already rejected, she was reading very patiently.

She asked below questions:
          1. Why are you visiting the US: I had prepared well for this , saying going there to attend business meetings and gather requirement so that I can gain knowledge, come back to my country and provide the same to my team members in India.
          2. She now started reading from screen, is Automation engineer, your current designation, are you going for Automation transition, this confused me a bit, so I asked sorry I did not get the question can you repeat. She then changed the question, what is your role as an automation engineer? I tried to give a well prepared answer: I decide various automation strategies to collect and clean data, along with this I also help Implementation team members with Database queries
          3. She asked is anyone travelling with you? I answered I am travelling alone.

That was it she handed me the passport again and said you don't qualify for this visa type and handed me the pamphlet with 214(b) visa refusal.

I am still wondering what has gone wrong here?

My Question now is: does this spoil my travel profile with two B1 visa rejections, I have already travelled to US in 2010 for 9 months on L1 visa? Does this impact my future prospects of travel to the US on any other visa type?

Comment

Originally posted by vaibhavk View Post
            Update on this:

The visa got rejected this time too

The VO asked me my passport and began verifying my details on the screen, looking that the visa was already rejected, she was reading very patiently.

She asked below questions:
            1. Why are you visiting the US: I had prepared well for this , saying going there to attend business meetings and gather requirement so that I can gain knowledge, come back to my country and provide the same to my team members in India.
            2. She now started reading from screen, is Automation engineer, your current designation, are you going for Automation transition, this confused me a bit, so I asked sorry I did not get the question can you repeat. She then changed the question, what is your role as an automation engineer? I tried to give a well prepared answer: I decide various automation strategies to collect and clean data, along with this I also help Implementation team members with Database queries
            3. She asked is anyone travelling with you? I answered I am travelling alone.

That was it she handed me the passport again and said you don't qualify for this visa type and handed me the pamphlet with 214(b) visa refusal.

I am still wondering what has gone wrong here?

My Question now is: does this spoil my travel profile with two B1 visa rejections, I have already travelled to US in 2010 for 9 months on L1 visa? Does this impact my future prospects of travel to the US on any other visa type?

Relax....I got my first B1 Visa after getting rejected twice 10 years back....This doesn't impact your future prospects of travel to USA on any other visa. But every time you fill out your application form, you probably need to mention that your B1 Visa is rejected, with details that has been asked.
            Per my understanding, your visa is rejected because counselor might think that you are probably going to Work on your visit to USA. B1 Visa is limited only for Business Meetings, Business Discussions and not Technical discussions. That's why after understanding your job profile, counselor mentioned that you are not qualified for Business Visa, (but need Work Permit to perform the duties for which you want to go to USA).

Feel free to contact me on [email protected] if you have any questions.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X