Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa Validity

Hi,

I would like to know for how many days one can stay in US on B1. I suppose that the limit is 6 months and one cannot get more than 6 months of I-94 stamping on B1.

Actually I want to ask this as one of my friend has got the I-94 stamping of 3 yrs.. Is it possible ? I have told him that it must be by mistake and he has got the wrong yr stamped and he should not take that as such. He should not stay beyond 3 months. Am i correct? Is there any way that the validity be verified ? I meant to ask is there any govt site from where one can cross check his visa validity online ?

Pradeep
    Last edited by p10_sri; 04-04-2006, 02:26 PM.

One cannot get a 3 yr stay on a B1 visa. There must be a stamping error that
    your friend should get rectified at the nearest customs and border patrol office. There is no online method.Read more on this page;

Originally posted by p10_sri
    Hi,

I would like to know for how many days one can stay in US on B1. I suppose that the limit is 6 months and one cannot get more than 6 months of I-94 stamping on B1.

Actually I want to ask this as one of my friend has got the I-94 stamping of 3 yrs.. Is it possible ? I have told him that it must be by mistake and he has got the wrong yr stamped and he should not take that as such. He should not stay beyond 3 months. Am i correct? Is there any way that the validity be verified ? I meant to ask is there any govt site from where one can cross check his visa validity online ?

Pradeep

Comment

I think that the maximum stay allowed on B1 visa is 6 months. correct me if I am wrong. Also I want to ask one more thing I was in Us from nov 2005 to feb 2006 and again came back to US this time on April 2006. So still can I stay for 6 months this time.

My understanding is that in 1 calendar year from jan to dec one can stay 6 months in max on B1. Please clarify

Comment

What is the stay allowed on your I-94 this time?
        There is no such thing as 6 month stay limit in one calendar year.
        Lot of people stay one year by extending their 6 month stay by another 6 months.

I think that the maximum stay allowed on B1 visa is 6 months. correct me if I am wrong. Also I want to ask one more thing I was in Us from nov 2005 to feb 2006 and again came back to US this time on April 2006. So still can I stay for 6 months this time.

My understanding is that in 1 calendar year from jan to dec one can stay 6 months in max on B1. Please clarify

Comment

this time i have the i-94 validity of 2 months

Comment

You could apply for an extension and how much you will get will depend on the purpose of your stay.

this time i have the i-94 validity of 2 months

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X