Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 rejected second time

Hi All,

I am working in an IT company since 6.5+ years which has its headquarters in Silicon Vally. I am at lead position and have total 9+ years of experience.
    My company applied for my B1 visa in March-2016 at that time my visa was rejected.
    Yesterday, I had another B1 visa interview, following is my experience.

=====================
    Consulate Officer: Why do you want to go US?
    Me: I am going to attend business meetings at our head quarter.

CO:*Which company are you working with?
    Me: YYYY X YYYY

CO: What are you going to discuss in the meetings?
    Me: We, different stack holders will meet to discuss the product roadmaps and technical architecture for our product’s enhancements.

CO: What the product about?
    Me: I am working for the proprietary product of our company named ZZZ, which is the software application. YYYY .....

CO: Have you ever travel outside India?
    Me: No

CO: Sorry, your visa is rejected. You can apply next time
    =====================

Only 5 short questions and within 2 minutes, officer rejected my Visa without any reason. This is the second time my B1 visa get rejected. I am working in a good company and have good experience. Though I dont know why my visa get rejected this time.

Please let me know what could be wrong info in my answers.

Thanks.

Originally posted by ka11384 View Post
    Hi All,

I am working in an IT company since 6.5+ years which has its headquarters in Silicon Vally. I am at lead position and have total 9+ years of experience.
    My company applied for my B1 visa in March-2016 at that time my visa was rejected.

=====================

Me: We, different stack holders will meet to discuss the product roadmaps and technical architecture for our product’s enhancements.

Me: I am working for the proprietary product of our company named ZZZ, which is the software application. YYYY .....

=====================

Only 5 short questions and within 2 minutes, officer rejected my Visa without any reason. This is the second time my B1 visa get rejected. I am working in a good company and have good experience. Though I dont know why my visa get rejected this time.

Thanks.
    How long did you mention was the duration of your visit was going to be?

Comment

rejection

the main red flag that i saw was the lack of previous travel. it actually helps to have gone to other countries and returned.
      This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi All,

=====================

=====================

Thanks.
        Its just bad luck. Apply again, this time be more specific about the purpose of your visit and if they ask you more about it, explain the importance of the trip rather than the product.

According to me, experience doesn't matter but the purpose and also the ties that you have.
        I have very less experience, I am 25, I have not travelled anywhere outside India either but I got my b1 visa last month. Be confident, you will get it this time

Good luck

Comment

Few Things to be remembered

Me: We, different stack holders will meet to discuss the product roadmaps and technical architecture for our product’s enhancements.(This can be done remotely through bridge conference-You need to more specific about the impact if you are not there in Head quarters)

Me: I am working for the proprietary product of our company named ZZZ, which is the software application. YYYY .....(Its about you are leading the product and you know in and out of this product.so its important you to be there and discuss about this product with your senior members before heading to stack holders

Comment

Hi All,

=====================

=====================

Only 5 short questions and within 2 minutes, officer rejected my Visa without any reason. This is the second time my B1 visa get rejected. I am working in a good company and have good experience. Though I don't know why my visa get rejected this time.

Thanks.
            Most likely your lack of travel history is your downfall. They don't view that very favourable in most cases.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X